Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still [December 12th 2008]


The much-anticipated [at lease by me :p] remake of the 1951 classic sci-fi film is being released on December 12th worldwide. While the original told a story about and alien and his giant robot coming to discover [observe and document] Earth, this new one seems a bit different. A lot of the scenes in the trailer weren't included and aren't even close to the original.

For those who have watched the original [esp. the ending], you'd notice something strange about this one that'll make you think it's NOT a remake.

The eerie atmosphere is evident in the trailer. It also has the same feel of Speilberg's The War of The Worlds [2005]. I just hope this remake doesn't ruin the message the original one had.

I don't really know much about this film as of yet.. but I'm reading up on it..

Keanu Reeves is going to be playing the part of the Alien... and from what I've seen in the trailer, he's more than capable of portraying that role.

Title: The Day The Earth Stood Still

Genre: Sci-Fi/Drama/Thriller

Directed by: Scott Derrickson

Writen by: David Scarpa

Starring: Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, Kathy Bates, John Cleese

Release Date: December 12, 2008

Here's the Trailer




Take care and stay safe y'all
The Archer '08

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the original one...
But i agree with you about how spielberg's 2005 movie ruined the message of its original movie. I hate remakes. We'll reach a point when there are no more movies to remake.. then we'll see remakes of remakes.

July 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger The Archer said...

I completely agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. :p

Oh, and if you're into classic 50's movie you should watch the original. It's very good.

July 5, 2008 at 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya,
I am loving your blog! ;)
This movie seem interesting to watch to a certain extent, I'm dreading the fact that it may be like "War of the World".


Your pal, D :P

July 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger The Archer said...

Thank you so much D! You're very sweet :)

I can't wait to see the end product. If executed properly, it just might be one of this years best movies.

I'm dreading that fact as well. Let's just hope that t won't.

July 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow shakla 7ilo! sij ini mafahamt shay :P bas shakla something new oo mo new like plants attacking the planet la new oo nice !! :P

July 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger The Archer said...

Enchanteurs

LOL! yeah.. I can't wait till it comes out.

Welcome to the archer corner. < sounds retarded :p~

Ah well.. :p

July 9, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home