Friday, April 18, 2008

How I Survived Four Siblings

Sibling Rivalry or Sibling Revelry?


My friends H and T were recently pondering what it would be like to have a sibling.  I am the youngest of five children: three sisters and one brother.  While there are many good aspects to having siblings, I can tell you that sometimes it's not all fun and games.


The annoyances include the loud noise of the chatter-box in the family [ok, I'm the chatter-box :p], the competitive challenges, and the occasional arguments. People compare you to your siblings too. One of my sisters was valedictorian, prompting people to look at my academic achievements differently. Some of my siblings were over-achievers in college, which seemed to raise expectations when it was time for me to apply.


But there's a good side to having brothers and sisters. Learning to cooperate in a group setting will surely benefit me later in life. Perhaps best of all is observing the mistakes of your older siblings and learning from them. And finally, there's simply the unconditional love that you get from a sibling. As much as you may bicker and argue, you know they are there for you.


Take a few minutes to tell your brothers and sister how much they mean to you.


Take Care & Stay Safe

7 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst said...

Cuteness!

April 18, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger The Archer said...

Thank you Amethyst. :D

April 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto Amethyst.

Kaifi :p

April 19, 2008 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger F. said...

YOU are an over achiever at college!

April 19, 2008 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger The Archer said...

Sou: Thank you, you're very sweet!

F.: I'm not an over achiever, but thank you :D El7imdillah. I was referring to the stress that came before I applied to KU.

April 19, 2008 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger eshda3wa said...

i love being the eldest

i am da BOSS

April 19, 2008 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger The Archer said...

Loool! haha... In my household, I'm the boss :p jk

May God bless you and your family.

Allah y5aleech/y5aleek lahalich/lahalik!

April 19, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home